How old is he now???

How old is she now?

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Off to sail the seven seas!

If you have read this blog before you know that Jeffrey is going to be in the Navy! The original ship out date was in August 2009. He will now be leaving December 10, 2008!!!! Yes that is exactly 1 week from today. When they called him on Monday to let him know that he may be shipping out early they told him that he could be shipping out either Thursday or Friday of this week! Jeffrey took the day off yesterday so he could answer his cell phone to tell them yes he would like to leave early. The date that they gave him over the phone was December 10, 2008. Jeffrey signed the two needed papers and now with out a doubt he is going to be shipping off to boot camp come next Wednesday. He will spend two months in Chicago IL in about 20 - 30 degree weather. Thankfully the majority of the boot camp is indoors. So he will just have to brave the cold when going to church or to and from buildings. Once he completes boot camp he will then travel down to Charleston, SC. He has a week of orientation for school then I will be heading out to SC myself.
It is a blessing that Jeffrey will be heading out now. It means that he will be gone during my best trimester of pregnancy. It also means that we will be moved by the time that my third trimester starts. He will be home for the babies birth!!! It also confirms that this is why the Lord did not want him to start school at this time as he would not have been able to finish this semester before he left for boot camp. Jeffrey and I normally spend Thursday nights at the Temple and have gotten to know most of the workers there. It will be nice for Jeffrey and I to be able to attend the temple that night and for him to be able to say goodbye to them.
Life is ever changing in the Costello household but it is all for the best and we are excited for the future!

4 comments:

Janae' said...

oh my goodness. I don't envy you being alone, but I am happy for you that you have it all planned now and know where you will be and all. Will he come home for Christmas? South Carolina.. Wow!! Cool..

Karin said...

Bryan's Brother Nathan is in the Navy and lives in South Carolina. They live in GooseCreek, SC. He teaches at the Academy. (I think nuclear engineering) Anyways, they ABSOLUTELY love it out there. They see a lot of gators and catch alot of lizards.
Good luck to Jeffrey!
I hope all will continue to go well!

KAT said...

So many changes in such a short time! All the best to Jeffrey during basic training and may the time go by quickly until you can be together again. Any visits home during that time would be welcome :)

As for SC, we only have 1 word - roadtrips!! It will be exciting to have family within driving, albeit long, distance.

Exciting times ahead -

Kristin said...

Oh WOW, that is exciting. I hope you don't get lonely without Jeffrey. I know I would go crazy without Dave. Good luck Jeffrey