How old is he now???

How old is she now?

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

I woke up to find I was alone in the bed so I rolled out of bed (can't do much else now a days) and find Jeffrey in the kitchen making breakfast. If I had woken up two minutes later it would have been to him bringing me breakfast in bed. He's so sweet. He also locked the cats outside in the porch area cause he knew that if he was up that Rusty would cry at the door until I got up. Its a funny thing Rusty only does that when I'm in the bedroom trying to sleep but if Jeffrey sleeps in he doesn't care. Jeffrey cooked all three meals that day. It was a very nice mothers day and Roanan hasn't even arrived yet. Thanks Jeffrey!
We also gave talks at church. My talk was on How mothers prepare daughters to be righteous mothers and Jeffreys was on How mothers prepare their sons to serve in the priesthood. Jeffrey found it kind of interesting since he grew up mainly with his father and is a convert to the church. The talks turned out rather well though. They were a good tribute to our mothers (Kathleen and Terri). Now everyone at church can put a face to the names when they arrive in June :)
It was also my first time teaching in Young Womans. There was one laurel, one mia maid and one beehive and I was the only advisor there so I taught all three of them plus the presidency which was there so there were 4 leaders and 3 girls that I taught. It was a bit nerve racking but I think it went ok.

1 comment:

Shelly Linford said...

Happy Late Mother's Day. I am sure you did a wonderful job with your talk and teaching young womens. Hope you have a great week.