How old is he now???

How old is she now?

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stake Conference

Our first day back as a married couple and it is Stake Conference so Jeffrey and I have yet to attend our new ward. Stake Conference was absolutely wonderful. We had friends of ours that were in the stake choir and they sounded amazing. Elder Russell M Nelson was presiding over the conference. He could not take his eyes off the choir when they sang. Elder Pearson of the 1st Seventy was also at the stake conference. They were there to call a new stake presidency. Once the conference was over Elder Nelson, Pearson and the new Stake Presidency stood in line so people could come by and shake their hands. While waiting to shake Elder Nelsons hand I kept looking over at a gentleman wondering how I knew him. It wasn't until his wife came to stand by his side that I knew. She saw me and came over to say hi. It is a couple with their now three children (she was pregnant with the 3rd last I saw her) that I knew in my ward in Lebanon NH. She was the music person for primary when I was teaching primary. They had just moved to TX about a month ago and are in our new ward! I'm so excited. They let us know that nursery is full so that probably will not be our new callings. Jeffrey was thinking that that is probably where we would end up for our first callings but doesn't look like that will be happening so I am extremely curious and excited to see what they will be. While we were chatting Elder Nelson had made his way off the stage and was now working his way through the crowd. He is so sweet with children. He has ten children and I think it was 57 grandchildren. He came by and shook our hands and I thanked him for his comments. It was a sweet experience all around.

3 comments:

Janae' said...

That is awesome!! Thanks for sharing that, how cool is that that you know someone from New Hampshire in your new ward.. Keep on blogging, I will be your biggest fan. Love you guys.

Karin said...

That is so great!
what a great sunday to start your family off too. =)

Karin said...

Anything new lately?