How old is he now???

How old is she now?

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Very Thankful

I woke up from a nap to the home phone ringing. I jumped out of bed to answer it and was not able to find it in time before the answering machine went off. Thankfully I finally found it and was able to talk with Sister Child. She is a senior missionary serving in the Great Lakes, IL area. She was calling on behalf of Jeffrey. She wanted to relay a message that he had for me which was that He loved me and missed me. :) She asked if I had a message to tell him in return so I told her my message. She said that I could call her if I ever had a message for him and that she could get it to him on Sundays as long as he was there at church. This was the best part of the conversation since she followed that statement with, which I should since your husband seems very active in the church! Made me so pleased and so happy :) One of my greatest fears about the military in general (and why I never wanted to marry a military man or marry someone who wanted to join the military) was the change that I saw in Brian when he came home for visits. They were not good changes and even though I know that Jeffrey is way different than Brian it is the only experience I had to base things off of. So it was a load off of my mind to hear her say those words. :) I'm so very thankful to Heavenly Father for blessing me with a husband who is strong and faithful in his beliefs.

4 comments:

KAT said...

And a man who is resourceful :) Nice job in finding a way to contact you more often!! Happy day, Precious.

Janae' said...

That is so great that you have a way to send a message back and forth. The gospel is great!!.. I am so happy for you ..

Rebex said...

He has a good wife to keep him on the straight and narrow. :)

Karin said...

That's awesome!
What a huge blessing...and how nice of this missionary to do this!